The present infighting going on within the SCLC is very telling.
To me it shows two things.
- The actual progress that has been made by the Black community in the way of civil rights.
- Clear evidence that as these organizations where UNITED in their focus against an EXTERNAL threat - they failed to build up the disciplined management infrastructure by which certain conflicts could be addressed without these type of public struggles for power.
- In the city council of Yeadon PA
- In the county board of Clayton County GA
- Between the majority Black school board and Black school Superintendent
- In many Black churches