The AJC's Cynthia Tucker is so predictable on so many subjects.
Here routine on Iraq from day one has been:
- It was George Bush's Mistake For Invading
- The Neo-Con Chickenhawks in the USA put politics over rationality
- Bush has blood on his hands
- The security situation in Iraq is a failure of Bush
- We need to pull all American troops out
- Look at what Bush got Obama Into
- The Iraqi Prime Minister is mistaken in his policies
- We never should have invaded Iraq - Bush did it
- Now the Neo-cons are pushing Obama to remove troops from Iraq
- We never should have invaded Iraq
In a gambit designed to make him appear a strong leader of a proud nation — in advance of a national election, of course — Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki ordered some security measures put in place earlier to be discontinued. In particular, he ordered some roads in Baghdad re-opened to vehicle traffic and security barriers discarde
This tragedy is likely to be followed by calls from U.S. neo-calls for President Obama to delay pulling U.S. troops of of Iraq, even as those same neo-cons demand Obama send tens of thousands more troops to Afghanistan. No. The U.S. should never have invaded Iraq; and we certainly shouldn’t be in the middle of sectarian warfare.
Besides, the Iraqis have asked us to leave. We should, sooner rather than later.